Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fear Chapters 1-3

Fear
By Stephanie Grow
Chapter 1 The letter

"Ray time to wake up" said Ryan.
Okay I’m up, I’m up I said sleepy eyed.
“No you’re just saying your up but you’re really sleeping”
“Right” while was throwing a pillow at him.
“I’m leaving, I’m leaving” as he was closing the door.
I took a quick shower, put on some baggy jeans and a white T-shirt that buttoned half way up. I brushed my hair and put a small clip in it and did some make up. Then went downstairs to have breakfast.

Good morning Rachel said Missy.
“Good morning Missy” I took toast and put strawberry jam on it.
Hey Ray, said Ryan, you ready for the test today in math?
“Oh crap, I completely forgot to study”
Nice he laughed at me then looked at the clock. We need to go, unless you want to be tardy.
“Okay, bye everyone” I walked out the door with Ryan.
Have fun at school today said Missy.

Ryan and I got to school and went to our lockers. “Hey Lucas, Hey Jordan” I said.
“Hey Ray hey Ryan” they both said together.
“So what’s new with you guys?” Asked Ryan.
“Oh nothing much” said Lucas. “Jordan on the other hand is…”
“…Trying to get a hot date. So Ray what are you doing tonight?”
“Nothing with you Jordan”
“Dang it, why not?”
“Busy tonight, sorry”
“Oh fine, oh there's a hot lady” then he ran off.
“He’s weird and funny at the same time.”
Yeah definitely said Ryan and Lucas both together.
The bell rings, I better go to class now before he comes back.
Good idea said Lucas sarcastically.
(At lunch), “I’m so hungry I could eat a lot.”
I started laughing,“ you always say that at lunchtime said Lucas as he was sitting down.”
“Hey Ryan”
“Not very hungry I can see”
“Yeah, yeah very funny.”

After lunch I went to my 6th period which is guitar lessons and started playing.
Wow your good said Adam.
Oh thanks I said a little startled. I didn’t know anybody was in here. I thought it was just me.
“Keep playing, I like it.”
“Oh okay!”
After a couple of minutes the bell rang. “Well I got to get to class, so what’s your names? “Mines Adam”
“Rachel”
“Well, Rachel maybe we should hang out sometime?”
“Maybe”

(After school), what you gonna do after school Ray? Asked Jordan.
“I’m gonna play my guitar”
“Nice, well got to go my moms here. Bye Ray.”
“See Yeah Jordan”
“You know he really likes you” as Ryan was walking towards me.
“Yeah I know I said. But I’m not really into dating these days.”
“Yeah sure, so you don’t have to go out with him.”
“No, I’m just being careful”
“Yeah, yeah so do you have a lot of homework?”
“Average”
“Which is?”
“Not very much”

Ryan and I got home. I called my best friend Tamashi. Hey is Tamashi there? I asked.
This is her said Tamashi? As she coughed.
“Are you all right Tamashi?”
“Yeah I just have the flu. Fun huh?”
“Oh yea loads of fun. Okay I just called to see if you were okay.”
“Okay, I’m fine.”
“Okay well I have got to go now.”
“Okay talk to yea later bye”
“Bye” I hung up the phone.

"Hey Ray you got a letter" said Cindy.
Who would send me a letter? I asked suspiciously. I opened the letter and read what it said.
Hey Ray
We'll meet very soon!

Hey Ryan look at this, I said handing him the letter. Ryan read the letter then handed it back to me.
"Okay that’s just freaky'"
"Oh yeah" I said sounding scared. "Okay I’m going to calm my nerves. If anyone needs me I’ll be in my room".

A couple hours later, Rachel dinners ready yelled Missy.
Okay be down in a minute. I yelled back. I put my guitar away and headed downstairs.
You all right Ray? Ryan asked.
“Yeah I’m fine now” as I was sitting down at the table.
After dinner, I went to my room and fell asleep.
Chapter 2 The New Kid

The next day I woke up a little depressed. Oh great another school day I thought to myself. I got ready, ate breakfast, and left for school.



"Ray" said Tamashi. "Are you okay?"
Yeah I’m fine I said.
“Are you sure?” she said a little worried.
“Yeah, I’m just a little tired. I didn’t get enough sleep last night.”
“Okay just making sure. Well guess what?”
“What?”
“There’s a new kid, and he’s a hottie.”
“Cool, what’s his name?”
“I don’t know, it’s something like Tosh.”




(Bell rings)
“Cool, well I got to go to class, see yeah later.”
“Okay bye”
I got to class and sat at my desk.
"Long time no see" said a whisper in my ear.
It me jump a little, I turn around and finding Jordan standing behind me smiling.
Scared yeah didn’t I? Said Jordan laughing.
“Yes, you did. You scared the crap out of me!”
“Oh where did it land?”
“Eww that’s just nasty.” I said as I was hitting him.

What? You said it.”
“Not meaning it that way.”



Bell rang for class to start. "Before we begin class", said the teacher, "I want to introduce a new student class this is Josh."
I sat there horrified.
"Josh you may sit next to Jordan."
Jordan raised his hand to show where he was. Josh sat down. I turned my head trying to make sure he doesn’t see me.

The bell rang for class to end. I got out of there quickly as I could.
"Hey Ryan" I said running. "He’s here, I need to get out of here."
Where was he? Ryan asked worried.
“He was in my first period. What are we going to do now?”
“I’m thinking I’ll call my mom, and tell her he’s here and she’ll pick us up.”
“I’ll try anything” Ryan took out his cell phone and called his mom.
“Hey mom, do you remember what happened to Rachel and that boy?”
Yes I do said Missy. Why do you ask?
“Well he’s back”
“Oh I’ll be right over.”



Missy came over and checked Rachel and Ryan out of school. So what happened Rachel? Asked Missy as she was driving them home.
Well he’s in my first period I said. And I don’t know what to do? Ryan I’m so scared!
I hugged Ryan and started to cry.
Its okay Ray said Ryan patting me on the back. It’s okay.
“How could he come here? How did he find me?”
“I don’t know but we’ll figure it out.” As he was still trying to comfort me.



I got home and went straight to my room. And started to play my guitar.
“Hey Ray! “Yelled Ryan. “RACHEL!”
I clasped on the bed and started to cry.
“Hey Ray” said Ryan, coming over to me. “It’s okay; it’s going to be okay.”
“Oh Ryan: I said. “Why? Why me? Why now?”
“Okay take a deep breathe”
“Okay I’ll calm my nerves.” And started to play my guitar.
“I’ll be in my room painting, if you need me.”
“Okay” As I was still playing my guitar.



Ryan, Rachel dinner’s ready” yelled Missy.
Ryan and I came downstairs.
“What are we having for dinner?” Ryan asked.
“We’re having meat loaf” said Missy.
“Oh that sounds good” I said hungrily. I sat and started to put food on my plate. And the doorbell rang.
"I’ll get it", as Cindy ran to get the door.



Hello is Rachel here? Asked the person at the door.
"Rachel! Someone is at the door for you!" Yelled Cindy.
"I bet yeah its Jordan." I said telling Ryan. As I was walking to the door.
"Hey Ray" said the person.
"Hey Jor.. JOSH!" I said in shock.
"Yeah it’s me" said Josh. "I saw you leave school."
“You did?! Great!” I said angrily

"Josh what are you doing here?" Said Ryan angrily walking towards the door.
I’m here to see Ray.”
“Well she doesn’t want to see you.”
“How do you know?”
“Because you raped me, then you stalked me!”
“I didn’t rape you or stalk you”
“Then how come you found me in California?”
“I, Ah?” He stammered.
“That proves my point, goodbye Josh.” And I slammed the door in his face and locked it. I went back to the table with Ryan and ate my meat loaf.
“Who was at the door? “Asked Matt.
"It was Josh I said still sounding angry.

How did he find us?” He asked in a worried voice
“ I don’t know I said, but I wish I knew.”

Chapter 3 Back Home

(Josh's Point of View)
The next morning I came back to Rachel's house and knocked on the door. But it seemed like nobody is home. Somebody drove up in a Bugatti into the driveway.
“Hey Josh, are they here? “Asked the stranger coming out of the really nice car.
No, they're gone said Josh.
“I think we should look inside” said the stranger.
“Yes your right Justin” said Josh.

Josh kicked down the door. Everything was quiet and dark.
“Lets look around and look for clues for where they went” said Justin.
“Okay, I'll look in the kitchen “said Josh.
“Okay, I'll look upstairs” said Justin.

Justin went upstairs into Rachel's room.
“Looks she likes to play the guitar” thought Justin looking at a guitar stand.
“Hey Justin come down here I found a clue to where they are or where they're going” said Josh.
“What?” Said Justin.
“Its a brochure to Florida” said Josh.
“Pack your bags were going to Florida” Said Justin, “to where all the hot girls are.”
Josh and Justin came out of the house and got in to the car and drove off. I came out of the place where I was hiding and so I could spy on them.

“Ryan you there?” I asked in a low voice.
“Yeah I'm coming” said Ryan climbing out of his hiding place.
“Okay, now were going back home” I said.
?We are home!?? Said Ryan confused.
“No, back home in Colorado” I said. “I want to find out who killed my family and why they did it.”
“Oh, that home” said Ryan. “Are you sure?”
“Yes, I want this thing done and over with” I said. “But if I don't he'll keep finding me and I'm sick of running away from him.”
“True” said Ryan; “so when are we going?”
“As soon as possible” I said urgently.
“Okay, lets start packing” said Ryan.
“I'm done already” I said.
“Help me then?” Ryan begged.
“Fine, Ill help, but I'm not touching your underwear. That's just nasty!” I said disgusted.

Ryan laughs
“Awww come on Ray its not that bad” Said Ryan laughing hysterically.
“Ha ha very funny” I said laughing sarcastically.
“Yeah! I know right” said Ryan still laughing.
I started to put his clothes in a suitcase. “Dang! You've got a lot of clothes” I said.
“Yeah! I know” said Ryan taking stuff out of his drawers.
“Done!” I said exhausted.
“Man, you've got a lot of crap” I said looking around the messy room.
Yeah! I know” said Ryan.
“Okay lets go” I said in a hurry voice. “And stop saying yeah I know its getting annoying.”
“Okay fine” said Ryan; “I'm ready.”

Ryan and I went to the airport. Got our tickets and got on the plane.
“Are you sure you're ready for this?” Ryan asked a little worried.
“Yes, I'm fine” I said a little annoyed and a bit scared at the same time.
“That doesn't convince me” said Ryan.
“Yeah, I know it doesn't I said. But I'm going back ready or not.”
“That's good”

An hour later, we arrived at the airport. “Wow! Everything has changed in 2 years.” I said amazed.
“Yeah! Okay lets find a ride to your old house, right?” Ryan questioned me.
“Yeah! I already called someone” I said.
“Who?” Asked Ryan.
“Catherine Zen, remember her?” I asked.
“Oh, isn't she the one who always made a hat for you?” Ryan asked.
“Yeah, that's her” I said laughing at Ryan's expression.
“Great!” Ryan regretting ever asking the question.
“Hey at least its a ride” I said.
“Yeah I know, but did it have to be her? Her daughter Aubrey had a crush on me 2 years ago. And she was a total nerd” said Ryan.
“Hey be nice” I said. “She was one of my friends.”
“Sorry, but she was” said Ryan.
“Whatever” I said as I was walking out of the airport with Ryan.

Hey Aubrey, hey thanks Cathy for picking us up.”
“Oh its no problem. I have nothing to do at home anyway.” Said Cathy.
“Hey Ryan, how are you doing?” Asked Aubrey.
“I'm great thanks for asking” said Ryan.
“Your welcome” said Aubrey politely.
“Where do you want me to take you guys?” Asked Cathy curiously.
“Will you take us to a hotel first?” I asked.
“Yeah sure” said Cathy.

Cathy took us to Con Star Hotel. I put in my earphones and started to listen to my music.
“We're here” said Ryan taping me on the shoulder.
“Okay” I said putting my music away.

I came out of the car and walked into the hotel.
“Hello, how may I help you?” Asked the lady behind the counter.
“Yeah, Id like a room for one week please.” I asked.
“Yeah that would come up to $560.” Said the lady.
“Okay, here's $560” I said handing her the money. “I have a question for you. If I want to stay another week, when would I tell you?”
“The day before you leave” said the lady.
“Okay, thanks” I said as I was taking my room key. “Okay lets drop off our stuff in our room.”
“Okay after that lets get some breakfast, I'm starving.” Said Ryan.
“Okay, I'm hungry too” I said as my stomach started growling.

Ryan and I went to a breakfast.
“I want scrambled eggs; pancakes, bacon, toast, orange juice and fruit” said Ryan.
“Hungry enough?” I asked
“Not hungry, starving” said Ryan.
“Nice”, I laughed at Ryan.
“Now can you shut up and let me eat” said Ryan.
“Okay fine” I said laughing.

After breakfast we went to my old house.
“Wow there it is” I said
“Yeah, you sure you want to go back in there?” Asked Ryan.
“Yeah I'm sure” I said determined.
I stood there looking at it, my three-story brick house, with red shutters, and dark wooden door.

No comments:

Post a Comment